Episode 96 · 2 months ago
Hashing It Out #96- Fetch.ai COO Toby Simpson
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Toby Simpson is COO of Fetch.ai. This company is building these Autonomous
Economic Agents that can perform proactive economic activity using the
combination of blockchain and AI technologies.
The Hashing It Out Social Media
In-Stream Audio SearchNEW
Search across all episodes within this podcast
Episode 58 · 1 year ago
International payments is not an easy challenge to tackle, and Stellar is working diligently to upend the current aging and fee-ridden systems for a more democratized method of international asset transfer. In this episode we have Nikhil Saraf, Principal Software Engineer at Stellar Development Foundation, to educate us on the core features of Stellar, how it achieves consensus, and the practicals of how Stellar can be integrated into regular business and consumer applications.
- Keybase - Wallet for Stellar and end-to-end encrypted chat application: https://keybase.io/
- Best way to contact me (via Keybase): https://keybase.io/nikhilsaraf
- Coinbase Earn tutorial videos for Stellar: https://www.coinbase.com/earn/stellar
- Stellar's Reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellar
- Stellar's chat groups (Keybase): https://keybase.io/team/stellar.public
- Documentation for Stellar: https://www.stellar.org/developers/
- Stellar Github Repos: https://github.com/stellar
- Kelp, open-source market-making bot for Stellar DEX and centralized exchanges: https://github.com/stellar/kelp
- blog post summarizing SCP: https://medium.com/stellar-development-foundation/on-worldwide-consensus-359e9eb3e949
- SCP whitepaper (Simplified version): http://www.scs.stanford.edu/~dm/blog/simplified-scp.html
- Full SCP Whitepaper (very detailed): https://www.stellar.org/papers/stellar-consensus-protocol.pdf
- Talk explaining SCP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmwnhZmEZjc
- Animated community video on the Stellar Consensus Protocol: https://www.lumenauts.com/lessons/stellar-consensus-protocol
- Blog post about "The Liquidity Problem": https://medium.com/stellar-developers-blog/kelp-why-we-built-it-the-liquidity-problem-425ca5558c1d
- Docker quickstart image to run a Stellar Node: https://hub.docker.com/r/stellar/quickstart/
- Block Explorer for Stellar: https://stellar.expert/explorer/public
- StellarX, frontend to the Stellar Decentralized Exchange: https://www.stellarx.com/
Episode 57 · 1 year ago
You want $150k? Have an idea? Is it Web 3.0? Check out Tachyon. Gabriel Anderson come on today to discuss the accelerator program by Consensys Labs, what it's like to transition from engineer to entrepreneur, the common features investors look for in an early stage startup, and the avoidable roadblocks and pitfalls that startups encounter. Check out Tachyon here: https://labs.consensys.net/tachyon/ and submit your application!
Tachyon - https://labs.consensys.net/tachyon/
Consensys Labs - http://labs.consensys.net
Tachyon FAQ -https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bTc17Oz9WdO9KcBZUsfU_b9_x5Y855z8sElo7Yiw8fY/edit
Episode 56 · 1 year ago
This episode, Corey brings on Vinay Gupta from the Mattereum project.
This was spawned from a tweet thread from Vinay about people and their stuff that excited Corey, and the following conversation does not dissapoint. Today, we dive into the fundamentals about the transaction costs associated with the lifecycle management of physical goods. What does that mean? Why do you care about your stuff, and why do you hold onto it? Enjoy!
Episode 55 · 1 year ago
Today's episode brings on Steve Marx from ConsenSys Diligence. Steve only talks with Corey this episode as Collin has to move across the states. Together, they chat about the what the "Diligence" section of ConsenSys is, how it got started, and where it's going. From there, Corey and Steve discuss the very concept of security and how it pertains to Ethereum. Don't miss this episode, as you'll walk surely walk away with a new, useful view of how to stay safe in the blockchain world!